3 Ways To Stop Caring What People Think
3 Ways To Stop Caring What People Think
Your mind craves freedom! But so many times we are enslaved because we care too much about what other people think. Our minds are anxious. But why? Here I will show you how to stop caring what people think, forever!
1. What is Your Joy Attached to?
Imagine you care too much about what someone thinks of you. Why do you do that?
It’s because you have attached your joy to them.
Your joy is dependent on them liking you. When they don’t like you, you have no joy or happiness. But when they do like you, you are joyful and happy.
You are relying too much on other people to give you joy.
People and situations ALWAYS change. Often multiple times throughout the day!
But what if you changed perspective! The happiest people in the world have the right perspective! They don’t attach their joy to people or a situation.
They attach their joy to the thing that never changes. God!
Philippians 4:4 says:
‘Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!’
It doesn’t matter what state you’re in, Jesus still died for you and loves you exactly the same.
So when you die, you can spend eternity in HEAVEN with Him.
As long as your joy is in God, you are doing the best you can do!
Sometimes you’ve got to tell yourself: ‘Who cares what happens in this world?’ Because God NEVER changes.
Hebrews 13:8 says:
‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.’
James 1:17 says:
‘Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.’
Joy begins when you care more about what God thinks than what other people think.
Click here if you want more joy in your life!
2. The 80/20 rule
Too often we meet people with high expectations. We expect them to accept our personality, our ideas, and our beliefs.
But the reality is, only about 20% of people will like your personality. Only 20% of people will support your ideas. Only 20% of people will agree with your beliefs. The other 80% won’t!
Some people will like your personality but hate your beliefs. Some will like your beliefs but hate your personality. Everybody is different. Sometimes two people can be VERY different!
That adds up to a small percentage of people who accept you as a WHOLE person.
Proverbs 18:24 says:
‘One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.’
Notice it says, ‘a friend.’ Not ‘many friends’.
That doesn’t mean you will only ever have one “friend” in your entire life! There might be many people who you call friends. Some you might even call good friends.
But TRUE friends are rare. A blessed person may make 2 or 3 of these friends in their entire lifetime.
You can count on true friends to a fault. They will never leave you, no matter what! They will love you for who you are, not what you can give them.
So, do your best to engage with people and connect with them.
But remember that it’s hard to please even a few people, and impossible to please everyone.
3. You’ve Got Nothing To Prove
Ever been in an awkward silence?
The answer is either yes, or yes.
When you don’t have anything to say, tell this to yourself:
You have nothing to prove!
You don’t have to prove to the other person you’re good at talking. You don’t have to prove you’re funny. You actually don’t!
Unless you feel like talking, you don’t have to. You would probably be forcing a conversation.
The world won’t EXPLODE because of 30 SECONDS of silence between TWO people!
Instead of desperately thinking of something to say next, listen!
James 1:9 says:
‘You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.’
There’s nothing wrong with silence. There’s nothing wrong with being slow to speak.
When someone does talk, be the one who listens! Listen with the intent to help them. Then you will be focused on trying to help them, instead of focusing on what they think of you.
Make them more important than what they think of you!
Don’t attach your joy to another person! Especially if they have regular mood-swings!
Most people aren’t compatible with you and will probably reject you. Which is completely normal!
You’ve got nothing to prove to anyone. If you don’t want to talk, just listen or be silent.
What is an Angel? Wouldn’t it be INSANE if you had a guardian angel watching over your life? A personal guard against evil, protecting you wherever you go! But what is an angel? Do guardian angels exist? If so, do we have more than...
3 Secrets That Will Make ANYONE More Confident EVERYBODY struggles with confidence! It doesn’t matter who you are, what you’ve achieved or how beautiful you think you are. We all have days where we just feel anxious and NOT...
There are thousands of situations in our daily lives where we have to be patient. In other words: we have to endure an unpleasant experience for a certain length of time without losing our MIND! Here are 7 ways you can be more...